Avatar The Movie?

Sunday, November 1, 2009

I am sure most people have heard of the upcoming movie, Avatar: The Last Airbender. Please keep in mind, when I say, "The Avatar movie", I mean the the movie with the bald kid who has air bending powers! The Avatar movie should be very appealing for fans of the Avatar universe. Maybe that's the wrong term, because other then the popular cartoon, that is now finished, there is nothing else related to Avatar that is of great success. The video games are very limited, they don't have any unique qualities to them, other than the fact that they are labeled "Avatar". Back to the movie, now. Let's see, we got Dev Patel as Zuko? I don't remember Zuko being middle-eastern at all. Well, you can't really tell what ethnicity the characters are, but still. Isn't Dev Patel a little too old to play an angry teenager, who has issues controlling his fire bending skills? Am I right? No? Alright then. Next character is Fire Lord Ozai. He is being played by Cliff Curtis. Since I don't know him at all, he better have SOME muscular attributes and a ponytail. Cliff Curtis looks Latino for some reason.

Hmmm... Now for the main character! Aang, the bald kid who is the Avatar, is played by Noah Ringer. This is where I am completely lost. Checking IMDB right now, shows that Noah Ringer has no picture of himself posted. I'm starting to think the cast goes from known to completely never-before-seen actors/actresses. Correct me if I'm wrong about Noah Ringer's popularity. Not looking very forward to it, but I will say one thing. The cartoon was excellent, the video games were bad, any live-action movie based off of a cartoon and video game will most likely be bad. This isn't always the case, but we'll see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This blog is about stuff related to programming, math, physics and some other fun stuff.


  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP