Don't buy Dell Desktop

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I bought Dell Dimension 3100 dekstop a month ago. It cost me about $2000 something with tax. All I can say is, it was a waste of money. First, the mouse wasn't working well when I put it on the mouse pad, it starts moving by itself unless I put the mouse directly on my desk without the pad. Secondly, my main cd drive stopped opening when I pressed the CD drive button. Whenever I press it, it opens just a bit(not enough to put even half the CD in) then closes by itself. Third, I can't burn any movies on writable cds. When I first bought it, it was working well, and I could easily burn movies onto cds, but now it says "unable to burn" even onto a blank cd. The worst thing is, the CD it fails to burn to becomes useless after the failed attempt to burn the movie. Another problem with this computer is the USB ports. It has 4 on the back and 2 in front of the CPU. ONLY 3 of the four ports on the back work. For some reason, one of the ports stopped working. And 1 port in the front is messed up. When i put in my flash drive or anything else like my mouse, the computer shuts down by itself, which is really odd. Recently, a new problem I started encountering is the CPU noise. Whenever I play a game(old Halo game), the CPU starts making loud sounds and the game lags alot(enough so that I get mad and exit it). I used to play it fine a month ago. This explains that they installed a terrible graphics card. That's about it.... so far. With so many problems in only a month's time elapsed, I'm expecting more problems in the near future. I'll close by recommending that anyone who is thinking about buying a Dell computer, SHOULD NOT. I can't really recommend a good computer, but I can sure say that buying a DELL is a waste of money. There is even a site listed first in google called ihatedell.net

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This blog is about stuff related to programming, math, physics and some other fun stuff.


  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP