Good Games For A Bad PC

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hello, everyone! It has come to my attention that some of us, still have a terrible computer, but still want to play the good PC games out there. Well, let me start off with my PC's specs. So here they are;

+Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.50GHz
+512 MB SD RAM
+RAGE 128 PRO AGP 4X 32MB (Microsoft Corporation)

There are so many games that I want to try out but can't because of this computer. I am hoping to buy a new computer in the near future, but I am going to focus on the now. I've put the games in no particular order.

First-Person Shooters
Half-Life 1
Quake 1, 2, 3, maybe 4
Unreal Tournament ANY
Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault
Jedi Knight
Hexen
Heretic
Duke Nukem
Doom

Third Person Shooters
Max Payne 1,2
Deus Ex

RPG Games
Diablo 1,2
MapleStory
Final Fantasy VII, VIII
Dungeons & Dragons DOS

Driving Games
Need For Speed 1,2,3
ATV Quad Racing
Crazy Taxi

That's pretty much what I could find. I haven't tested a lot of other games, but feel free to post comments about which games to could run on a bad PC. I've tried Grand Theft Auto III, but it lagged, though there are some suggestions I could give you to speed it up. If you have 1GB RAM, you could possibly run GTAIII without major lag. Go into the Options, and change everything to its lowest settings, turn off shadows. Make your screen resolution 1024x768. Some people even have change its compatibility mode to Windows 98 to make it run flawlessly. You can do it by right clicking the exe and then click properties. Then click the Compatibility tab and check off, 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'. Choose what ever option works for you to make the game work at its best. GTA San Andreas is another one, that I wanted to play on my PC, but it was hopeless. Don't try Combat Arms or Call Of Duty. I've tested them a few minutes ago, and they were horrible. I hope this article has helped in some way to play some great games on your PC! Thanks for reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This blog is about stuff related to programming, math, physics and some other fun stuff.


  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP